Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Are you Comfortable?

Life has a way of going from comfortable then to uncomfortable and back to comfortable. How we perceive things may have something to do with it right?
There are those who believe we create our own realities; well it seems true, but that is an allusion. Why? Because that would indicate we have control or some control. And in some ways we do,( or it appears so ) God has allowed for us to have the ability to make choices which gives us the idea we control things. Granted, I had control over the fact I went to visit elderly shut ins who were not able to get out and go to Church any more; but then that was already determined by God that my own mother would pass away and go home to be with the Lord at the same time Myrtle Rockwell was in need of help. Coincidence?
But why would I mention that here on Myrtle Rockwell's site?

Well, in 1996 my life was pretty good. I had a good job. I liked it. I was making a full time income only working part time hours doing loans. Comfortable. Then in December of 1996 without notice we had a meeting and all loan officers were let go. It was at a time when it was harder to find loan jobs. Then later in 1997 my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Laid off and mom has cancer all in six months time. Uncomfortable. She had her surgery after some time and the doctors told her and the family all was well. I got a job at WAMU, Washington Mutual Bank at the time. Comfortable. Then late in 1998 symptoms come back to my mom, more surgery they say. But, doctors were not honest with us, cancer was everywhere they said. Four months later my mom went to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Me, Uncomfortable. At the bank, I had to leave..more uncomfortable. Then in Oct. 1999 I met Myrtle Rockwell. We hit it off and I helped her at her home and visited her often. Comfortable. I could not find a good loan job. Uncomfortable. Mrs. Rockwell had a bad reaction to medication so I stayed with her for a few days until she got better. Myrtle asked me if I could stay and help her and that she would pay. She said there is an extra room you can have plus your own bathroom. That was nice comfortable.
She was on hospice in April 2001. I helped for six months and she put on twenty pounds because she ate so well. Hospice had to go bye bye. Thank the Lord. Myrtle lived for ten more years. We had a great time she was able to do so much. We went all over the place for drives. So much more. Then in December of 2010
she was not doing so well, but she hung in there. Two months later March 2nd ,I believe, she went to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Myrtle forever Comfortable! Me uncomfortable but I have come along way. Don't get too comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment