Thursday, September 26, 2013

Once in your Life time...

Once in your life you may or may not meet someone who truly stands out from all others that you have met. Not because they are more physically beautiful or handsome but simply as a person. Have you had such an occasion? Well I have, in meeting this lady Myrtle Rockwell.
She was truly a once in a life time for me. I visited Mrs. Rockwell from a Church in the area I knew had many senior citizens and thought they may want some one to come visit them. I began visiting after my mother went to the Lord having died of cancer. Myrtle was so kind, so gracious, grateful it was hard to ever leave her because with someone like that you don't want to, do you know what I mean? While with some you can't wait to leave.

Myrtle was a Christian woman and she lived out her faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. I know many Pastors and lay people but Mrs. Rockwell was more of an example and mentor in our walk with Christ than 99% of the ones I knew.  Here is the difference. Myrtle was not a Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Catholic or any other man made up religion that segregates; she believed what the Bible said about God, Jesus Christ, Salvation and any and all other doctrines. And she really reflected the Lord. I mean specifically she was gracious and grateful. Let me give you an example. When Myrtle was on Hospice the second time.*(see note below)
The Hospice nurses ( and Myrtle was a Navy Nurse) commented saying, "Myrtle is the most grateful person we have ever met. She thanks you for everything, even the very little things. And she appreciates everything we do."   That is what the Hospice workers said. Now Myrtle would be the first to let you know the Lord is the one who filled her with such a spirit. In addition to being grateful Myrtle was generous. When I first met here it was as if her house was my house. That is how she was. Material things, jewelry, furniture, house, stocks and house equity really meant nothing to her because she knew she could not take it with her and where she was going had sooooo much more in wealth and abundance, Heaven to be with Jesus Christ in Glory. That is why Myrtle virtually gave everything to help her sister, no question. I even asked Myrtle not long  before she passed, "Myrtle, do you have any regrets?"  And without hesitation she said, "NO." Wow.

I could go on about Myrtle but I will save it for another post. What Myrtle would have you know is that no amount of money, material things or any other worldly thing can benefit you if you don't have Eternal Life through Faith in Jesus Christ. Maybe you have lots of money, or got an inheritance and you're set for life, but if you do not have the Son (Jesus Christ) you do not have life but the wrath of God remains on you.
Get your Bible out and read in First Corinthians in the 15th chapter the first five verses. There you will find the Gospel, the Good News. Believe that,and that alone.

* When I was first visiting Myrtle in Oct. 1999 she was around 100lbs. Then in early 2001 her doctor put her on Hospice. Myrtle had Congestive heart Failure.  I began helping her in April of 2001. She was on Hospice. In six months she weighed 125lbs and was eating lots of good whole foods, veggies, salmon, she loved salmon. Plus I gave her some nutrition, she was already taking some. But at the end of the six months Hospice was gone and Myrtle lived for ten more years. Thank the Lord. Your life is in God's hands not the doctors.



No comments:

Post a Comment