Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"I came that you might have life....." the Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:10)

    I write this because many people have life but not abundantly and it does not mean thousands and thousands of dollars or material goods but life that is above and beyond this one...A Glorious Hope.

I never really realized how much a blessing Mrs. Rockwell was (Myrtle) to me until she was gone and has been gone. She has been home with the Lord now for two years and two months. ( II Corinthians 5:8)

Myrtle loved the Lord and she was so assured of where she was going when she passed, and lived her faith like no one I know or have known except one. Myrtle was more faithful and liberated by her faith in Jesus Christ than most if not all pastor/teachers I have met. Most are legalistic wanting to please God on their own good efforts even after having said they have faith in the work of Christ on the cross. Yet they live lives of do's and don'ts trying to be holy out of some source of energy on their own. What a waste not to mention a slap at God after He has already made the provision for our sins and for daily living Romans 6.

Well, aside from that I miss Myrtle, she was a very good friend. You may only find one in your life time if you are lucky and I was because I did. She was a good sport too.
We would sit on the patio in the afternoon and talk, or make some lemon aide from her lemon tree, or have a glass of Zinfandel chilled. Myrtle was in her 90's in this picture. I laugh and cry when I look at it. When I look back the major regret I have is that I did not do more for her. I told her I loved her everyday and reminded her of how much the Lord, God the Father loved her, although she knew that more than me;
"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us"..
  1 John 4:16.

Myrtle would want you to know Him, and all it takes is believing what God the Father  says about  His Son Jesus Christ.
The Good News    "Christ died for Our Sins according to the scriptures;
                                 and that he was buried, 
                                 and that he rose again the  third day
                                 according to the scriptures." 
                                                                                  
              "By which you are saved"... if you believe this alone for salvation.

                                                                                             1 Corinthians 15: 1-4.

The time is short!


No comments:

Post a Comment