Thursday, April 7, 2011

Myrtle Rockwell a cut above because of who she trusted; the Lord Jesus

As I think back over my life I have had many opportunities to meet some prominent men and women in Christendom today. I had several times talking to Tim LaHaye (Left Behind series) and Art Peters from Christian Heritage college and Scott Memorial  Church. I also met and talk to Cliff Barrows from the Billy Graham crusade. I met and had conversation with Josh McDowell the apologist. I had opportunity to talk with Dr. John Morris from ICR and Duane Gish, also with Dr. Henry Morris III.  I met and talked to Dr. John MacArthur from Grace Community church. And I also had the chance to speak with Chuck Swindoll from Fullerton CA. I knew Bill Muir head of YFC and was taught much by him. I met and spoke with Joni Erickson Tada once too as well as Swen Nader the pro basket ball player who is a Christian. I know Ray Bentley from Maranatha chapel. I also met Bill Gothard from IBLP.
I also sat and spoke with Dennis Agajanian the fastest guitar player maybe in the world. But all of this is to say "IF" I could only choose ONE person of my life to spend time with it would be with the one God allowed for;
Mrs. Myrtle H. Rockwell. Her faith and practice was above what I have seen and met in any other person given only that she was a simple gracious humble lady with a deep and strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to know and serve her. She is sorely missed, with greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment