Thursday, March 3, 2011

"The Hour has Come Myrtle is home with the Lord"

Myrtle Rockwell is now home with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. II Corinthians 5:8 says, "absent from the body present with the Lord."  Myrtle went home to her Savior March 2, 2011. But she is now with her husband Capt. Joe Rockwell, her sister Hazel whom Myrtle loved very much, and many more who have gone before her. I will miss Myrtle more than my imagination can conjure up. I spent ten years caring for Myrtle Rockwell seven days a week twenty four hours a day and now she is no longer here. I have some regrets:
  There was so much more I could have done for Myrtle, so much more. So many more places to go and things to do and see, but she was able to a lot more than she ever thought she would and I had the privilege of being a part of that.  I was here to help Myrtle as a sister in Christ and a friend, she was not a job, she was my life and I was "Blessed'".  As I reflect back I wish I had decided to just do it on my own rather than have extra help come in; the help was a detriment to Myrtle's health and a poor worker.  Myrtle was like a second mother to me and more. I was blessed, in fact blessed is not a big enough word. I came to help her and she helped me. I came to serve her and she served me. I came to encourage her and she encouraged me. I was the one who was the most blessed; God sent me to Mrs. Rockwell not merely for me to help her but for her to help me by the example of her life. Galatians 2:20 says, "I live yet not I but Christ lives in me," and He was evident in Myrtles' life. All who met her said she is so polite and kind. At times when I was up to help her at 2 or 3 am in the morning Myrtle would thank me for helping her. Myrtle was generous, kind, hospitable and forgiving. That is only the tip of the iceberg. I will miss her as I said more than my own imagination can conjure up. But she is in Glory with Christ.
Myrtle loved life and had no regrets. I had so much fun with her it was the best ten years of my life. We went on drives, ate lunch and breakfast out, shared birthdays, Thanks Giving and Christmas what a joy! If I had to do it over again I would without question!!!
I would like to thank here some special people in Mrs. Rockwell's life:
Kristine Hampshire M.D. She was a tremendous help in the quality of life for Myrtle!

Gigja; a hospice volunteer. Myrtle enjoyed her very much. Gigja would play old music for Myrtle  through her cell phone. She was good with Myrtle.
Stephanie Slater a neighbor to Myrtle and best friend for 30 years.
Joe Schiavonne, Pastor the Living Word fellowship often came by to visit Myrtle and would bring a friend Bernice. Myrtle enjoyed their visits.

Dr. Pietrek, my chiropractor who took time with Myrtle to answer some questions.
My twin brother Bill one of Myrtle's best friends always called her "Rock." She really got a kick out of that.
Myrtle always used to say to me, "how can two young men (me and my brother) be interested in a little old lady? That is an easy question to answer; Because she was such a wonderful person and good sport, she just went with the fun of it all. Wow, a great loss. The world is just not the same without Myrtle H. Rockwell.       ( more pictures will be added so check back)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment